Monday, April 20, 2009

Poetry Quote of the Day: Frost via Sidman via The Miss Rumphius Effect

If you haven't been following the Poetry Makers series at The Miss Rumphius Effect this month, your life is the poorer for it. She has riches beyond belief---more than 30 scheduled interviews with major poets.

In her interviews, Tricia asks her visiting poets to name a favorite quote. Here's the one that Joyce Sidman shared. (If you haven't read Joyce's interview, go right now. And then read all the other interviews, too. It's okay. Your life can stop for a little while.)

“Like a piece of ice on a hot stove, the poem must ride on its own melting.” --Robert Frost

This post is part of my Poetry Quote a Day series for National Poetry Month.

2 comments:

  1. I just came over from Tricia's blog where I commented on my love for this quote! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it to. And the interview with Joyce Sidman was superb.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.