Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Virtuous

Today, I was consumed by the urge to re-read every single book by Joan Aiken, as provoked by the Horn Book article about her. (It's not online, sadly.)

Instead, I tracked down and listed resources for the Operation Yes publicity plan. I feel virtuous. 

But still in need of some Black Hearts in Battersea.


See here for a fab page about Joan Aiken's "English artists," including Pat Marriott, Quentin Blake, and Jan Pienkowski. (American Edward Gorey did the art for Battersea and Nightbirds on Nantucket, among other Aiken titles.)

1 comment:

  1. GO SARA.
    I wanted to sit down and finish Silksinger, but instead rewrote (for the nth time) that tricky ending scene in my work in progress, and because of that, I will be able to send it out and give myself a little break with a clear conscience!

    And then go find my copy of Blackhearts... Man, I LOVE Joan Aiken, and discovered her as a semi-adult, so I still haven't read them all. I went on a serious binge when I first "met" her, and I feel like there's just so much in her repertoire, I'll never run out!!!!

    It's a delightful thought.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.