Thursday, November 11, 2010

Salute

In honor of Veterans Day, I salute my husband, Mike Holmes, who has given almost 30 years of service to the United States Air Force.


I'm also happy to say that I will be speaking on a panel about military families at the National Council of Teachers of English next week.



National Council of Teachers of English
Fiction and the Military Family
(with Rosanne Parry and Suzanne Williams)
"Giving Military Kids Roots
Through Literature and the Arts"
Friday, November 19, 2010 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM

As part of our talk, we'll be handing out a list of resources for teachers and others interested in connecting with military families. As soon as it's ready, I'll post a permanent link here on the blog. Thank you to all who serve our country, both veterans and their families.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, 30 years! Thank you, Mike!

    Have fun next weekend at NCTE, Sara :). Can't wait to see your list of resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of him. And I wish I could hear you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and p.s.: I salute Mike, too. And thank him.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.