Thursday, July 1, 2010

ALA in Pictures


Signing Operation Yes at the Scholastic booth
Cheryl & Co. made me feel like a rock star

Don't you love Cheryl's military style green dress?

Meeting Joyce Sidman and Pamela Zagarenski
As delightful in person as their books are on the page


Liz Garton Scanlon
I was so proud to cheer for All the World


Having tapas with the Poetry Princesses

M.T. Anderson and Katherine Paterson
The brilliance was dazzling
At the Paterson Tea with Liz Garton Scanlon and Laura Purdie Salas


With Cheryl Klein and Francisco Stork
at the Scholastic reception

I love this picture! Yes, we were all that happy.
Tanita Davis and D, her husband; me, and Kelly Fineman

So glad to see Adrienne Furness
So sad not to have gotten to shop with her

At the Newbery/Caldecott banquet
Laura Purdie Salas, Kelly Fineman and Elaine Magliaro

Laura, Kelly, and me

I got home from the Newbery/Caldecott banquet after midnight on Sunday. I got up at 5:00 am the next morning to go to Shakespeare Camp. More on that anon!

10 comments:

  1. Swooning all over the place. Love all the happy happy here. Khaki dresses for the signing were genius!

    Yay for the Poetry Princesses and Operation Yes and fetching ladies in their Newbery finery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    You looked gorgeous, my dear--so svelte...so elegant--at the banquet. It was such fun meeting you and my other blogger friends Sunday evening.

    I had an eight-hour train ride back home to Massachusettson Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Sara!! And a big thanks to you and Tami for organizing drinks night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all these pics, Sara! So wonderful to meet you in person:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely excited to hear more about Shakespeare Camp. Meanwhile, I can only imagine that you must be exhausted by now. Heck, I'm only just recovering the full use of my faculties now and I've had a few days of downtime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure these pictures are!! You are all so lovely and happy. Thanks for sharing them here! I am sorry I missed you. Next time I want to be in some pics with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Repeating a comment I just left at Tanita's blog ... I'm so, so, so, so, so, so jealous. :)

    What fun! And congrats on all the success of Operation Yes! We loved it here and my girls keep reminding me that we have our very own ugly, ugly couch and they think we should send you a picture of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, YES, I'd love a picture of that ugly, ugly couch. :)

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.