Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Brought to You By the Letter "N"

The other day in the car we were listening to my husband's iPod. He has a LOT of music, and for kicks, we've been listening to the songs in alphabetical order.

L, of course, was much ado about Love and Lovely.
M had some variety, from Mothers to Money
But N?

Talk about a downer.

There was
NEVER
NIGHT
NO
NOTHING
NORTH DAKOTA
NORTHERN WINDS (brrrrrrrr)
NOT
NO ONE
NO WAY
NO BODY
NOT PRETTY ENOUGH (one of my favorite songs of all time, btw)

So I tried to think of less gloomy N words. My brain, though, was stuck on NOPE. NADA. NUMB. NOISE. NASTY. NATTERING. NOSEY. NINNY. NONPLUSSED. NIT-PICKY. NEGATIVE.

The only good N words I could come up with were Natural and New. Except those sound like a commercial.

I guess there's Nutmeg. That's good Nice.

Oh, wait!!!!!

NASHVILLE

I'm going to Nashville! For the Southern Festival of Books. I'm so honored and pleased to be part of this great lineup of children's and YA authors:


Will I see you there?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, "North Dakota," off the "Live in Texas" album. One of my very, very favorite songs -- but one to blow a breath of cold wind into even the most glorious summer day, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative idea--listening to songs in alphabetical order. I'm gonna have to try that. The Southern Festival of Books sounds wonderful. WISH I could be there.
    Making Life a Work of Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I hope you will give us a report on the festival after you get back.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lets see there is

    Nice
    Neat
    Naughty
    Neverwhen (short history of myth by karen armstrong)
    Nap
    Noon

    well just a few

    david perrings

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.