Thursday, August 14, 2008

Look Who's Coming to the 2008 National Book Festival

The schedule is up!

On Sept. 27, 2008, the following children's and teen authors will speak and sign books at the National Book Festival on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.:

(from their website)

CHILDREN

TEENS & CHILDREN

Also, launching in late August, watch for their Young Readers' Toolkit, which is billed as featuring "information about National Book Festival authors who write for children and teens, podcasts of their readings, teaching tools and activities for kids." Some podcasts are up now. And Jan Brett is the 2008 Artist for the festival poster.

I'm going. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a list!! My son would LOVE to meet Tiki. He's read a couple of the Barber twins' books.

    I know I won't be able to make it though. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year I'm going for sure! What a great festival, and any reason to visit DC is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Something for everyone. Thanks for posting the list and all the links. Somehow I'm going to need to get this on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.