Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poll Results (Check yes or no)

I was wrong. I'm not so strange. My poll says so.

80% of you said Big Ideas jump-start your engine,  just like me.
20% of said Juicy Memories inspire you, not like me. 

But many of you left comments saying both were essential, and I bow to your wisdom.  Nothing in life is ever as bisected and artificial as poll answers. 

It reminds me of those notes from high school:
 Do you like me? Check yes or no. 
Right.

How about: I like you enough to say HEY to you every single day, but not enough to hook up with you.

Or:  I hate you, but I can't say that because you would take that as a sign that I care, so I'll just stick this note in the glove compartment with all your other sick notes.

Or: OMG! OMG!  I LOVE everything about you! But I'm going to check No. 

Which makes me think that literature is a complicated answer to a simple question.

Duckings:  Make way or not?

Messenger:  Am I or not?



Octavian: Traitor or not? 

4 comments:

  1. ::rolling on floor::
    Ducklings: Make Way or Not?

    I need to finish my novel so I can be funny and clever again -- I almost said "like you," but that would be asking for a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hardest part of answering the "Do you like me" note from junior high was... I didn't know who it was from or who to return it to or how! It showed up in my locker one morning and all day I'm like a blind man in a round room looking for a corner.

    Since our answers are rarely that black-and-white I guess my only response is "Yes and No and Maybe," whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning the titles into questions totally gets to their themes. (Well, maybe not for the ducks; definitely for Octavian, though.) WHY didn't I figure this out in college?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete