Monday, November 5, 2007

Donna Jo Napoli: What great writers eat for dinner

I've been a big fan of Donna Jo Napoli ever since I heard her speak at the SCBWI L.A. conference several years ago and she said this on making time to write:

(paraphrasing here) I used to let every child, even my toddler, have a turn at planning and making dinner. If the toddler put a cup of yogurt at each place, then that's what we ate.

BookPage has an interview with her. (Thanks to cynsations for the link.) Go, read, and eat yogurt for dinner tonight in her honor. Doesn't her new book, Hush, look good?

5 comments:

  1. I have tried the same, but ran out of patience in the end. My ten year-old makes a great mac and cheese with crescent rolls. My son and youngest daughter will make pancakes.

    My husband is an Executive Chef and you would think we would employ the children to help, but in the end a nice risotto is really what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, risotto. That's one of my favorites, especially with mushrooms. Maybe while I'm eating yogurt, I can have my characters eat that for dinner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara: I left a note on my blog but just wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciated your comments about HOW TO STEAL A DOG. Thank you.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Barbara. I really did love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read that before somewhere. (Was it here?). SOOOOO tempting to try . . . !

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.