Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All Week

Liz in Ink has declared that Thanksgiving will last all week. And Jama Rattigan has posted a lovely quote on gratitude as the Thought for the Week. I'm with them! There's too much to be grateful for to confine it to just one day, as Liz says so well here and here.

Also, as I told Liz, I love the "To be continued" at the end of each of her Thanksgiving posts. That makes me happy, not just because I anticipate reading more of her lovely lists as the Week of Thanksgiving proceeds, but because "to be continued" are words of gratitude themselves. It's hard to be stingy and grumpy when we think of our lists as being added to each day.

What are you grateful for today that you didn't notice yesterday? What will you be grateful for tomorrow? I know I'll be putting "to be continued" at the end of all my lists from now on.

6 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that Age Three in children is so fun. It's the Age of the Non Sequitur. I found my three-year-old sitting in the bathroom the other day, and when I said, "what are you doing in here?", she said "Mommy, ink pens have INK in them!!"

    And, after watching "Babel" last night, I'm grateful for things like speedy-quick ambulance service in America.

    I've gotta go check out Liz's posts. Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful for this sweet and flattering post and that you said YES to my crazy poem idea -- nudge nudge, wink wink...

    TBC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see...

    I'm grateful that I'm on speaking terms with my eldest again. She and I have been warring (adolescent angst vs middle-aged mother angst). And though it's pretty boring, I'm grateful for my cat, who always loves me and brings me an endless stream of little dead rodents. I'm not grateful for them, but it's the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful for the telepathic power of blogs. Yesterday morning I posted a recipe for a beautiful Robert's Snow blizzard. I was reflecting on the whole Blogging for a Cure project, remembering those key individuals who made it possible for the rest of us to participate.

    I called Jules a "smart cookie" for organizing everything. A few minutes later, as I was thinking about how cute her daughter was, she commented. Blogs have made places like Tennessee and Virginia only seconds away.
    They also make "to be continued" a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm grateful for all of you, who add such great comments and make me smile.

    jules, the fascination with ink doesn't end. I made the mistake of not checking in often enough on a fifth grade sleepover, and the next morning, many of the girls had elaborate ink pen "tattoos."

    Liz, I hope I'm STILL grateful for that yes next week...

    Mary, I know what you mean about warring angst. Been there, and trying to forget. ;0

    Jama, amen to all that. I feel like I have neighbors everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you will be, Sara. It's another big, fat To Be Continued. Right???

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.