Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Improv

Give me three words. I'll blog about them tomorrow. I promise.

What's going on? I'm reading Improv Wisdom: Don't Prepare. Just Show Up by Patricia Ryan Madson. And I need you to help me. So toss some words into the comments section. That'll be what I blog about. Eeeeeek!

Here are some ideas from the book:

"When speaking in public, don't use a script. Write down questions and answer them."

"Change the location of a familiar activity." She (Madson) tells her students to: "Find a new place or different vantage point in the circle."

From the chapter called "Be Average": "What is ordinary to you is often a revelation to others."

"Life is all about balancing, not being balanced."

Oh, and if you want to get in on the improvisation of a group poem, go join the renga fun at The Miss Rumphius Effect.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I love this idea. I'm definitely someone who needs to learn how to improvise more.

    My words: uncle, duck, chew.

    Go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. plow, stream, nut

    ReplyDelete
  3. My words: Gratitute, window, play
    Thank you for mentioning Improv Wisdom in your blog. It makes my day to know that the book is helping readers fulfill their dreams.
    Warm thanks,
    Patricia Ryan Madson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theater, aspiring, light

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.