Thursday, April 5, 2012

April is Poetry #4




pine-thick rosemary
pressed deep in foccacia
still leaves child-height fence


----Sara Lewis Holmes


This is my neighbor's rosemary bush. She generously shares with me. For Christmas, I took several branches and placed one over the hall mirror, a row along my mantle with a string of tiny jingle bells, and one in a white stocking on the door.

I have yet to make focaccia from it, but I plan to, using this recipe from Handle the Heat.

More daily haiku from Liz.


3 comments:

  1. Oh,pressed deep in foccacia! That might be the nicest rosemary plant I've ever seen. The fragrance of your poem is making me smile today. Thank you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I thought of you when I posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of those still leaves, pressed in focaccia; fragrant and festive.

    ReplyDelete

R-E-S-P-E-C-T (or you will be deleted)

You can receive followup comments to this conversation by checking the "notify me" box below the comment window.